Under the direction and supervision of the Program Director or designee, the individual will serve as Medical Assistant instructor. The instructor must be dependable, able to work independently, and have open communication with staff and students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Instruct students in all aspects of Medical Assisting-
- Front office: Billing, Coding, Scheduling, Pharmacology and Phones
- Back office: Instruct in assisting in minor surgery, Patient Vitals, EKG’S, Injections, Pediatric Care, First Aid,
- Instruct all areas of patient care
- Instruct Anatomy and Physiology, Medical Terminology and Dosage Calculation
- Maintain records
- Performs job-related duties as assigned.
- Evaluate, design, and implement curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies.
- Make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Knowledge of teaching methods, curriculum, and education programs.
- Knowledge of academic and/or vocational education curricula.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant current education methodologies and techniques.
- Gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Prepare students for the Medical Assistant Exam.
- Provide students entry-level employment skills in Medical Assisting.
- Provide students hands-on training to gain entry-level employment in the field of training.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and professional relationships with supervisors, staff and students at all times.
- Perform routine clerical work; maintain records and meet deadlines.
- Operate a computer and other office equipment.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain punctuality with minimal absenteeism.
- Present a professional appearance at all times.
- Work various shifts per week.
- Introduction to Medical Assisting
- Administrative Medical Assisting
- Medical Records
- Medical Asepsis / OSHA Standard
- Sterilization and Disinfection
- Vital Signs
- Physical Examination
- Eye and Ear Assessment
- Gynecologic Exam and Prenatal Care
- Pediatric Examination
- Minor Office Surgery
- Administration of Medication
- Urinary System
- Emergency Medical Procedures
- Answering phones
- Process bills
- Communicating with patients
- HIPAA compliance
- General office duties
- Billing and Coding Procedures
- Financial and Practice Management
- Assisting with Medical Specialties
- Career Development
- AA or AS Degree
- Current certification as a Medical Assistant
- Must have a minimum of five years of experience working as a Medical Assistant
- Must have teaching experience, which can include in house training, seminars, classroom teaching
- Clinical Competencies
- Current CPR/First Aid card.
- Possess a valid and appropriate California driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual (Spanish/English).
Based on experience. Non-Exempt.