Teach assigned courses; professionally prepare course work, course outlines, handouts, and monitor student learning within the classroom; teach assigned courses according to established CIMS approved curriculum.
Maintain an educational environment that fosters appropriate and interesting curriculum while promoting experiential learning, one-on-one contact with students, group / team activities, and student interaction; uphold and maintain class and school rules and guidelines; class rules should be according to CIMS approved guidelines.
Complete other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience as a California Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) with 1-2 years of experience in Phlebotomy education or teaching courses on a college level related to Medical education
- Minimum of five (5) years experience as a Medical Lab Assistant, possess experience and skill in the development of professional course curriculum and evaluating student competencies
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication, must be able to work in a fast paced environment; multitask various assignments given; and demonstrated ability to meet set job related goals, objectives and timelines.
- Current certification as a California Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT)
- Possess valid first aid and adult CPR certifications
- Knowledge of general lab procedures (within the scope of this job description)
- Possess experience working with a personal computer, using Microsoft Word, Outlook (e-mail usage). Must possess or is willing to obtain certification as a Medical Laboratory Assistant through AMT or ASCP within the first 90 days of employment.
- A minimum of an Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree. Knowledge in drug screening and testing. Experience in taking and teaching EKG’s, patient vitals (respiration, temperature, blood pressure, pulse), and height and weight. Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus.
- Based on experience. Non-Exempt. Part-time possible Full-time.